For languages other than English, use the Google Translate tool at the bottom of this page.
As part of the Queens Bus Network Redesign Proposed Final Plan, we have created profiles for each of the proposed bus routes. In the route profiles, you can review the following information:
- A detailed description of the proposed routing changes.
- Proposed route improvements
- Route destinations and length
- Proposed versus existing average stop spacing
- Proposed versus existing service frequency and span (note that more detailed frequencies will be provided as part of the Proposed Final Plan, after receiving comments on this plan)
- Proposed subway, bus, and rail connections
- What route(s) currently serve the area
- A map of the proposed route, showing exactly where proposed service is added or discontinued, along with callout boxes explaining which routes would replace discontinued segments
- A stop list showing which stops the proposed route would serve and which are proposed to be removed
Each profile lists which existing routes the proposed route is associated with. For example, the route profile for the proposed Q9 states that its service areas are currently served by the Q9 and Q10 in the existing network.
Some of the current routes have been replaced with new routes, but much of the same areas are still covered. So even if an existing route doesn’t appear in the proposed plan, that doesn’t mean that service is gone. It might just be called something else and look a little different.
You can also check out our Route Conversion List, which provides an overview of how bus routes are related. You can then look at individual route profiles to learn more.
The Top 25 Most Commented Routes table summaries the major theme of the feedback for the top 25 most commented routes. We have addressed or partially addressed almost every customer concern in this table with some type of change (also on many routes not shown in this table).
Local, Limited, Rush, and SBS/Crosstown route profiles
Express Bus route profiles
Brooklyn Bus Network Redesign context route profiles
Nine route profiles from the Brooklyn Bus Network Redesign Draft Plan are included for context as they travel within Queens. Most of the same elements are included in the route profiles. Bus service changes in Brooklyn are under review and any changes to the proposals will be published in the Brooklyn Bus Network Redesign Proposed Final Plan, due out in 2024.