Processing time for MetroCard claims
We have resumed processing MetroCard claims, following a pause in processing because of the pandemic. These claims include refunds, balance protection claims, and applications for Reduced-Fare and EasyPayXpress MetroCards.
If you filed a claim while our operations were paused, know that we are addressing claims as quickly as we can. If you want to file a claim now, the best way to do that is online.
We’re processing claims starting with the oldest first. We’re currently working through claims filed in mid-March for full-fare MetroCards and early July for Reduced-Fare MetroCards.
At this time, station booths are not making any Reduced-Fare MetroCard transactions.
- Base Pay-Per-Ride fare: $2.75
- Single ride fare (only available at vending machines): $3
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride: $127
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride: $33
- Express Bus: $6.75
- Express Bus Plus 7-Day: $62
Reduced fares apply to seniors 65 or older and customers with disabilities. Learn more and apply.
- Subway, Local Bus, Select Bus: $1.35
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride: $63.50
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride: $16.50
- Express Bus (off-peak only): $3.35
Access-A-Ride is our paratransit service. You can read more about the program, apply, make reservations, and more.
Fare for any transportation: $2.75
Tips for saving on fares
- Check whether you qualify for the Fair Fares program, a 50% discount on subway and eligible bus fares for low-income New Yorkers
- Use your free transfers. Rides include a free transfer between the subway and local buses and between local buses.
- Consider buying an Unlimited Ride MetroCard if you’re a frequent rider.
- Refill the card you have instead of paying the $1 fee for a new card.
- To find your best fare options, use our MetroCard Fare Calculator.
Details about MetroCards
OMNY: A new way to pay
OMNY is the our new fare payment system. With OMNY, you can use a contactless card or smart device to pay the fare. OMNY will combine fare payments and mobile ticketing across subways, buses, and commuter rails.
As we roll out OMNY between 2019 and 2023, you can still use MetroCard and eTix.
Registering for an OMNY account gives you access to a secure, personalized dashboard. Using the account dashboard, you can:
- View your trips and charges,
- Manage your payment methods,
- Ask OMNY customer service representatives questions