One hundred and seven local, limited, SBS, and express routes move over 714,000 weekday riders in Queens. Many of those routes follow old trolley routes, and no longer reflect the travel needs of residents. Major commercial, residential, and institutional developments have changed the dynamics of the borough, affecting where residents go and how they get around.
Buses in the borough average 8.9 miles per hour. As congestion has worsened, buses have slowed, making service more unreliable. By redesigning the bus network, we can deliver more frequent, reliable service that satisfies the needs of the borough.
Have an idea? We want to hear it. Submit your comment on the Queens Bus Network Redesign here.
Read our official press release announcing the launch of the project.
How to Get Involved
Public input is crucial to the development of this new network. We want to hear from you. Use this link to share your thoughts, questions or concerns about your experience with the Queens bus network, and any ideas or suggestions you may have.
Join us at one of our Open Houses scheduled in May and June. This is the first step in a series of opportunities for you to learn more about the bus network redesign process and provide input to help us create a better Queens bus network.
These Open Houses have a rolling start, so you can arrive at any time and still get the full interactive experience.
- Tuesday, May 7 — 7-9 PM
- Peninsula Library
- 92-25 Rockaway Beach Blvd
- Subway: A to Beach 90 St
- Bus: Q22, Q52-SBS, Q53-SBS
- Monday, May 13 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- PS 69 Jackson Heights
- 77-02 37th Ave
- Subway: 7 E M R to Roosevelt Av-Jackson Heights
- Bus: Q32, Q33, Q47, Q49
- Wednesday, May 15 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- The Woodhaven Elementary School
- 91-02 88th Ave
- Subway: J to Woodhaven Blvd
- Bus: Q11, Q21, Q24, Q52-SBS, Q53-SBS, Q56
- Monday, May 20 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- PS 112Q Dutch Kills School — Astoria
- 25-05 37th Avenue
- Subway: N W to 36th Av
- Bus: Q66, Q69, Q102
- Tuesday, May 21 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- Flushing Library
- 41-17 Main St
- Subway: 7 to Flushing-Main St
- Bus: Q12, Q13, Q15, Q15A, Q16, Q17, Q19, Q20A, Q20B, Q25, Q27, Q28, Q34, Q44-SBS, Q48, Q50, Q58, Q65, Q66
- Tuesday, May 28 — 7-9 PM
- Central Jamaica Library
- 89-11 Merrick Blvd
- Subway: E to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer or F to 169 St
- Bus: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q6, Q8, Q9, Q17, Q20A, Q20B, Q24, Q30, Q31, Q36, Q41, Q43, Q44-SBS, Q54, Q56, Q76, Q77, Q110
This website will be updated in the coming days to provide the dates and locations of additional open houses in May and June.
We presented an overview of the Queens Bus Network Redesign project to the Queens Borough Board on April 15, 2019. View or download the presentation we shared with them.