One hundred and seven local, limited, SBS, and express routes move over 714,000 weekday riders in Queens. Many of those routes follow travel patterns that no longer reflect the needs of riders. As congestion has worsened, buses have slowed, making service more unreliable.
Major commercial, residential, and institutional developments have changed the dynamics of the borough, affecting where residents go and how they get around. By redesigning the bus network, we can deliver more frequent, reliable service that satisfies the needs of the borough.
Read our official press release announcing the launch of the project.
How to Get Involved
Public input is crucial to the development of this new network. We want to hear from you.
Take our survey to share your ideas and priorities for the new Queens Bus Network.
You can also use this link to leave a comment with your thoughts, questions or concerns.
Join Us for an Open House Near You
Join us at one of our public Open Houses to meet with expert staff and share your experiences. This is the first step in a series of opportunities for you to learn more about the bus network redesign process and provide input to help us create a better Queens Bus Network.
These Open Houses have a rolling start, so you can arrive at any time and still get the full interactive experience.
- Tuesday, May 28 — 7-9 PM
- Central Jamaica Library
- 89-11 Merrick Blvd
- Subway: E to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer or F to 169 St
- Bus: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q6, Q8, Q9, Q17, Q20A, Q20B, Q24, Q30, Q31, Q36, Q41, Q43, Q44-SBS, Q54, Q56, Q76, Q77, Q110
- Thursday, May 30 — 7-9 PM
- Laurelton Library
- 13426 225th St
- Bus: Q5
- Thursday, June 6 — 7-9 PM
- PS 169 — Bay Terrace
- 18-25 212th St
- Bus: Q13, Q28
- Monday, June 10 — 7-9 PM
- PS 33Q — Queens Village
- 91-37 222nd St
- Bus: Q1, Q27, Q88
- Tuesday, May 21 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- Flushing Library
- 41-17 Main St
- Subway: 7 to Flushing-Main St
- Bus: Q12, Q13, Q15, Q15A, Q16, Q17, Q19, Q20A, Q20B, Q25, Q27, Q28, Q34, Q44-SBS, Q48, Q50, Q58, Q65, Q66
- Monday, May 20 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- PS 112Q Dutch Kills School — Astoria
- 25-05 37th Avenue
- Subway: N W to 36th Av
- Bus: Q66, Q69, Q102
- Wednesday, May 15 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- PS 60 — The Woodhaven Elementary School
- 91-02 88th Ave
- Subway: J to Woodhaven Blvd
- Bus: Q11, Q21, Q24, Q52-SBS, Q53-SBS
- Tuesday, May 7 — 7-9 PM
- Peninsula Library
- 92-25 Rockaway Beach Blvd
- Subway: A to Beach 90 St
- Bus: Q22, Q52-SBS, Q53-SBS
- Monday, May 13 — 6:30-8:30 PM
- PS 69 Jackson Heights
- 77-02 37th Ave
- Subway: 7 E M R to Roosevelt Av-Jackson Heights
- Bus: Q32, Q33, Q47, Q49
We are currently in the Project Kickoff stage. We are hosting Public Open Houses and making presentations with Community Boards and Neighborhood Civic Organizations.