About our apps
Our flagship apps, MYmta and TrainTime, make it easy to find your best transit option, whether you’re traveling on the subway, bus, Long Island Rail Road, or Metro-North Railroad.
Our apps include tools that help you easily navigate your trip. You can plan and save trips, see real-time arrival and service status information, and get help right in the apps. With TrainTime, you can buy tickets for your LIRR and Metro-North trips.
Soon, we will replace MYmta with a new and improved MTA app. The new app is currently in beta, but you can download and start using it today. And we want to hear from you — your feedback will help us make improvements to the app for its wider release.
MTA app (beta)
The MTA app is the upcoming replacement for MYmta. It's a next-generation app designed with the rider in mind.
The new app has all of the real-time information that makes MYmta helpful with a new, streamlined interface to make that information easier to find. You can also sign up for Smart Alerts to get personalized travel recommendations and service alerts.
The MTA app is still in public beta. You can download it, but you'll need to go through some extra steps.
- Buy tickets: All ticket types except UniTickets, Meadowlands tickets, group tickets, and MTA Away packages are available for purchase. Pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, or credit/debit card. You can split payment between two cards.
- Plan trips: View Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad departure times and transfer details before you travel. You can also search for two origin and/or two destination stations at once.
- Save and share trips: Save your frequent trains for easy access. You can also share trips with family and friends so they know when to expect you.
- Track your train: Follow your trip with real-time GPS tracking, updated every few seconds. You can also see the layout of your train and how crowded each car is so you can position yourself on the platform before it arrives.
- View service status and alerts: See real-time arrival and status information, along with incidents on your branch or line.
- Chat with us: Text with a customer service representative for either LIRR or Metro-North within the app.
- Plan your trip: Personalize subway, bus, or rail trips, and see trips with the fewest transfers, fastest time, or least time walking.
- Real-time service status: See real-time arrival information for subways, buses, and railroads.
- Save frequent trips: Bookmark your favorite subway, bus, or rail lines, or your frequently visited stations and stops. You can save your trips and view schedules to plan ahead.
- Nearby stations: View stations or stops near you on a map so you can find the MTA service closest to you, along with walking distances.
- Planned service changes: Look up planned service changes that will affect your travel.
- Elevator and escalator status: See which elevators and escalators throughout the MTA system are out of service.