We're replacing the elevators
Beginning Saturday, August 3, through Summer 2020, the elevators to the A train at the Ft Washington Av/West 184 St entrance/exit will be temporarily closed so we can install three new, replacement elevators.
During this time, the station will remain open and A trains will continue serving the station in both directions.
The Overlook Terrace passageway will remain open, but there will be no free access between Ft Washington Av and Overlook Terrace during the elevator replacement project.
- Use the subway entrance at West 181 St and Ft Washington Av or consider using the 190 St A station.
- M4 bus service is available days and evenings along Ft Washington Av to these alternative locations.
Click here to plan your trip, or all 511 for automated travel information 24/7; agents are available from 6 AM to 10 PM daily. Customers who are deaf or hard of hearing: use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 service relay to reach 511.
Free Shuttle Bus
For non-MTA customers who use the station elevators due to a lack of accessible pedestrian paths through the area’s inclines, a free shuttle bus will provide service between the 181 St and 190 St A stations along Broadway and Fort Washington Avenue. This shuttle bus is available from 6 AM to 10 PM.
The shuttle bus service will make stops at:
- Fort Washington Avenue and Cabrini Blvd/Corbin Circle (southbound)
- 181 St A station entrance at Fort Washington Avenue and West 185th Street (both directions)
- 181 St A station entrance at Overlook Terrace and 184th Street (both directions)
- 190 St A station at Fort Washington Avenue and West 190th Street (northbound)