Access-A-Ride (AAR) Paratransit Service operates:
- Within the five boroughs of New York City and within a three-quarter-of-a-mile corridor beyond fixed-route service across the NYC borderline to nearby areas of Nassau and Westchester counties.
- A shared-ride program (you may be riding with other customers).
- Origin-to-destination service or feeder service for eligible customers.
- Non-priority trips with maximum ride times based on trip distance.
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- In compliance with federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations.
Whether you need temporary eligibility while recovering from surgery, require more long-term access, would like to reapply, or are seeking reciprocal Paratransit Service during your visit to NYC, please contact AAR to begin the eligibility process.
Access-A-Ride Phone Directory
Call 877-337-2017 toll free from area codes 212, 929, 646, 718, 347, 516, 631, 914, 845, 917, 332. From all other area codes, dial 718-393-4999. Customers who are deaf/hard of hearing can use their preferred relay service or the free 711 service relay.
For assistance in English, press "1." If "1" is not pressed, callers will hear choices in the following languages:
- For assistance in Spanish, press "2."
- For assistance in Russian, Chinese, French Creole or Korean, press "3."
- For all other languages, press "4."
For eligibility, appeals, certification, application questions, requests for AAR MetroCards, and requests to update your records, press "1."
- To request a trip, press "2."
- To change a trip, press "3."
- To cancel a trip, press "4."
- For same-day trip problems, press "5."
- For subscription service, press "6."
- To use our automated system, press "7."
- To give commendations, complaints, or suggestions, press "8."
- To repeat this announcement, press "0."
Hold for assistance if you do not have a touch-tone phone.
Conversations with AAR personnel are recorded and may be monitored.
You can also contact our customer support team online. To write to us, select “Paratransit (Access-A-Ride)” in the “MTA service” field.
Online Trip Management
Manage My Trips (MMT) lets Access-A-Ride customers use a computer, tablet, or smartphone to make trip requests, check the status of trips, and manage subscriptions.
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Messages
Please call Eligibility staff and request that your cell phone and/or email receive IVR messages. With IVR, customers will receive trip reminders the night before their trip and important trip information on the day of their trip, such as carrier identification and estimated times of arrival. IVR messages may also be issued with an AAR-related announcement about service cancellations or delays.