UPDATED: Due to the impending storm, there will be no associated closures with the Five Boro Bike Tour on Sunday, August 22. The Five Boro Bike Tour has been rescheduled for August 29.
Motorists Should Expect Delays and Allow for Extra Travel Time
Customers can Call the Bike Tour Hotline for Information About Closures
Closures Also in Place for Portions of the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge and the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel
The Staten Island-bound lower level of the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge will be closed from 12:01 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 22 for the annual TD Five Boro Bike Tour, which was rescheduled for August due to the pandemic. The upper level of the bridge will remain open in both directions throughout the event.
Other closures associated with this event will include:
- The Bay St and Lily Pond Rd exits from the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Trinity Place exit from the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The RFK Bridge Manhattan-bound FDR exit ramp from 7:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- One Brooklyn-bound lane on the lower level of the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Westbound Gowanus Expressway from the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (please note that motorists will be able to access the Hamilton Av exit)
- The Staten Island-bound Gowanus/BQE approach to the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Motorists should expect delays and allow extra travel time. For information on closures at Bridges and Tunnels crossings, motorists can call the Bike Tour Hotline at (718) 556-8010.