Long Island Rail Road Adds Extra Service for Belmont Stakes
Grand Central Madison Creates Easy Trip from the East Side
Metro-North Riders Can Buy a Combo Ticket to the Track
View the LIRR Belmont Stakes Brochure
On Saturday, June 10, the LIRR will provide extra service to Belmont Park for the 155th running of the Belmont Stakes with trains from Grand Central Madison for the first time.
Twenty-one trains will leave Manhattan between 9:26 a.m. and 5:03 p.m., 15 trains from Penn Station and six from Grand Central Madison. Trains will stop at Jamaica, where riders from Woodside, Brooklyn and stations on Long Island can board, and then operate direct to Belmont Park.
Immediately following the race and continuing until Belmont Park closes, return trains will depart approximately every 15 minutes to Jamaica and Manhattan.
“This year horse racing fans can sit back and relax on their way to and from Belmont Park from not only Penn Station but now from Grand Central Madison too,” said Long Island Rail Road Interim President and Metro-North President Catherine Rinaldi. “Riders from communities north of Manhattan can buy a Combo Ticket and go through Grand Central Madison right to Belmont Park Station. It’s the safest, easiest and greenest way to the stakes.”
“We encourage fans to plan on using Long Island Rail Road to get to the Belmont Stakes presented by NYRA Bets on Saturday, June 10,” said NYRA VP of Communications Pat McKenna. “LIRR is the easiest, most convenient way to travel to Belmont Park to witness history on June 10.”
Already have your Belmont Stakes admission pass and plan to take the train? Buy Round-Trip LIRR tickets before boarding using the TrainTime app or at any ticket machine or ticket window.
All fans should only use Belmont Park station in both directions. To enable the service to Belmont Park, there will be no service at Elmont-UBS Arena station, and the Hempstead Branch will operate every two hours between 3:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. All westbound trains will operate with adjusted times throughout the day.
- The MTA Police will be enforcing a no-alcohol policy on trains to/from Belmont Park.
- Bags are subject to search prior to boarding Belmont Park trains at Penn Station and at Jamaica Station.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the Belmont Park facility.
LIRR Travel Tips and Ticket Information
- The best way to buy a ticket is on the TrainTime app. Tickets are also available at any ticket office or ticket machine. For a faster return trip, customers are encouraged to buy a round-trip ticket in advance.
- Customers going to Belmont Park from points north of Manhattan can ride Metro-North and the LIRR on single one-way tickets, with combo ticket.
- Belmont Park station is in Fare Zone 4. Any ticket valid to or through Zone 4, including monthly/weekly tickets, can be used for travel to Belmont Park at no additional charge. CityTicket is not valid at Belmont Park.
- Customers are advised to keep their tickets when leaving the train, because it will be checked at Belmont Park station.
- The New York Racing Association prohibits people from entering Belmont Park with coolers, backpacks, luggage or purses larger than 12 inches.
- Bags are subject to search prior to boarding Belmont Park trains at Penn Station and Jamaica
- After the Stakes, wait times can range from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on attendance level
MTA Bus Service
Racing fans can take enhanced Q2 and Q110 bus service directly to Belmont Park. The Q2 bus connects with the F subway at 169th Street or 179th Street, and the Q110 bus connects with the E and J subway lines at Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.
NYRA Security Policies
The New York Racing Association has enhanced security protocols for fans attending the 2023 Belmont Stakes on Saturday, June 10. For a complete listing of prohibited items, click here.
Belmont Stakes Information
Visit BelmontStakes.com for more information on:
- Admission and tickets
- Race times
- Prohibited Items
- All other event details.
For More Information: Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 AM and 10 PM, daily. For service-related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.