We're excited to announce the return of N express service between 36 St and 59 St stations in Brooklyn on July 29, 2019. This means a faster trip with two fewer stops.
Over the last year, we've worked to ensure your tracks and the infrastructure that supports them are strong and resilient for years to come. How did we do this?
- Replaced 363 structural steel columns, knee braces, and connection elements
- Repaired and replaced 726 steel roof beams
- Repaired 100 tons of structural steel beams
- Removed and rebuilt deteriorated concrete walls
- Replaced subway tunnel lighting
To protect against flooding, we:
- Replaced and raised 18 vents that open to 4th Ave
- Repaired leaks in vent bays
- Rebuilt drip pans and installed new gratings, drains, and drain pipes
53 St and 45 St Customers:
You'll now take the R and transfer to/from a better, more reliable N express at 36 St or 59 St stations.
Thank you for your patience during construction.