About the venue
MetLife Stadium opened in 2010, replacing Giants Stadium at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in New Jersey.
The stadium is home to the New York Giants and New York Jets. When it's not being used for football, it hosts concerts and special events.
The MTA's commuter railroads—the Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad—and NJ TRANSIT have teamed up to offer a combined ticket so that fans can travel to games and shows with ease.
The stadium's website has more information about the facility, including other public transit options and driving directions.
- LIRR riders should take the train to Penn Station. Metro-North Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven Line riders should take the train to Grand Central and then ride the subway to Penn Station via the and . Port Jervis and Pascack Valley Line customers can take their trains directly to Secaucus Junction.
- At Penn Station, go to the NJ TRANSIT concourse and take any train to Secaucus Junction. These trains are marked with "SEC". Secaucus Junction is the first stop after leaving Penn Station.
- At Secaucus Junction, go upstairs to the mezzanine and show your rail ticket to the staff at the gates. Trains on the BetMGM Meadowlands Rail Line to the stadium leave from Tracks E-H on the lower level.
Verify your itinerary on NJ TRANSIT's website, which has schedules for the shuttle train to the stadium.
LIRR and Metro-North riders should buy a round-trip joint ticket to Meadowlands station at a ticket machine or ticket window at their origin station. This joint ticket costs $11 more than the round-trip off-peak fare to Manhattan and includes the NJ TRANSIT portion of the trip. It is not available on the TrainTime app, and does not include the subway ride between Grand Central and Penn Station.
If you already have a ticket to Manhattan, buy a round-trip ticket from Penn Station to the Meadowlands at an NJ TRANSIT ticket machine or ticket window, or by using the NJ TRANSIT app.
Note that NJ TRANSIT has different rules for child and senior discounts than the MTA's railroads. if you are eligible for them, it may be cheaper to buy two tickets rather than using the joint ticket. Learn more about NJ TRANSIT child and senior fares.
- Buy your rail tickets ahead of time. Joint tickets to the Meadowlands are not sold on board trains or at Penn Station.
- Check service status and train schedules before you go. Connections to and from NJ TRANSIT are not direct. Plan your travel accordingly.
- Remember to take your ticket when changing trains.