Skip to main content
Ways to avoid fees as an E-ZPass® or Tolls by Mail customer
- Keep a positive balance on your E-ZPass and sign up for Mobile Alerts..
- Pay your Tolls by Mail bill when you first receive it.
- If your E-ZPass account balance goes below $0, you are in violation of the E-ZPass agreement and you will be sent a Violation Notice. There are no fees associated with your first violation notice.
- If the first Violation Notice is not paid, you will be charged a fee of $50 or $100 for each toll shown on the Violation Notice.
- Accrued fees may result in suspension of vehicle registration or exclusion from MTA Bridges and Tunnels toll facilities.
- Questions? Call 1-800-333-8655 or visit the E-ZPass website.
Tolls by Mail Customers
- If unpaid after 30 days of the bill date, you will owe a $5 late charge.
- If unpaid after 60 days of the initial bill date, you will owe a fee of $50 or $100 for each unpaid bridge or tunnel toll.
- Accrued fees may result in suspension of vehicle registration (scroll to bottom of page) or exclusion from MTA Bridges and Tunnels toll facilities.
- Questions? Call 1-844-826-8400 or visit the Tolls by Mail website.