Discover the New MTA
As an early adopter of technology, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has been at the leading edge of public transit innovation. From “next train” countdown clocks and real-time subway maps, to multi-modal phone apps and new contactless payments, we continue to use digital innovation to improve the rider experience – making public transit easier and faster to use, more reliable, and more transparent.
We’ve made great progress, but applying emerging technologies or using existing technologies in entirely new ways, you’ll have a perpetual opportunity to drastically improve the passenger experience. Where else can you see your ideas come to fruition and benefit millions of people at once?
We’re leading a technology and data-driven revolution here at the MTA where new technologies—artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain and augmented reality, and the Internet of Things (IoT), to name a few—are gaining ground. Fast.
We welcome all who are interested in improving not only how our transportation services are managed and secured, but also in how our customers experience and navigate New York.
We are headquartered in lower Manhattan, but have openings across our service territory, including Long Island, Staten Island, and counties north of the City. In addition to competitive salaries, MTA employees enjoy free travel on either subways and buses, or one of our commuter railroads, top-tier health insurance, generous vacation allowances, and so much more.
- Rafail Portnoy
MTA Chief Technology Officer
We’re actively hiring
Here’s a sampling of active IT job openings. For a complete list, go to our Job Search page and use the links under the “Departments” menu on the left to filter for IT jobs.
- Deputy Chief Information Security Officer (Deputy CISO) - 97876
- Lead IT Security Architect & Planning - 98136
- Technology Infrastructure Engineering Specialist Levels 5-7 - 98279
- Security Specialist Levels 3-5 (Security Solutions Architect) - 98253
- Business Analysis/Relationship Management Specialist Levels 2-3 - 98124
- SCADA/ICS Security Specialist (Operations Technology) Levels 3-5 - 98109
- Lead ICS Security Assessment & Mitigation - 97875
- Security Specialist Level 2 - 98240
- Network Support Analyst Levels 3-5 - 98278
- Security Administrator Levels 1-5 - 98275
- Application Developer Levels 3- 5 - 98111