All of our jobs are listed in the MTA jobs portal. Visit the portal and search for “police” to see open positions.
The MTA Police Department offers competitive salaries with opportunities for growth and professional development. MTA Police benefits include:
- Starting salary of $42,000. Upon completing 7 years of service the top pay is $100,368;
- An attractive work schedule;
- Excellent promotional opportunities;
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- A defined benefit pension plan with the potential for credit based on prior police service;
- 401k and 457 plans; and
- Comprehensive sick leave benefits.
Salary and benefit information is subject to change. Find out more about the benefits of becoming an MTA police officer.
The application process
The MTA Police hiring process begins with an application being submitted online for the MTA Police Officer position. From there it varies from person to person. We've put together a guide to help you navigate the process.