Our mission is to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and integrity throughout the metropolitan region. Join us to become a part of the premier transportation police department in the nation.
All of our jobs are listed in the MTA jobs portal. Visit the portal and search for “police” to see open positions.
The MTA Police Department offers competitive salaries with opportunities for growth and professional development. MTA Police benefits include:
- Starting salary of $42,000. Upon completing 7 years of service the top pay is $100,368;
- An attractive work schedule;
- Excellent promotional opportunities;
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- A defined benefit pension plan with the potential for credit based on prior police service;
- 401k and 457 plans; and
- Comprehensive sick leave benefits.
Salary and benefit information is subject to change. Find out more about the benefits of becoming an MTA police officer.
The Application Process
The MTA Police hiring process can vary from candidate to candidate. It usually starts with a written examination. If you pass the written examination you may be invited for additional steps. Those steps could include attending and graduating from the Police Academy and a probationary period. Find out more about the process, and how we offer some credits for military or prior police service.