New timetables will take effect on Tuesday, September 7, while we continue to modernize our infrastructure. All customers should check revised schedules for new departure and connection times. Off-peak fares remain in effect on all trains until further notice.
Significant schedule changes are listed below:
- The 4:12 p.m. weekday train from Penn Station to Massapequa Park will add a Jamaica stop at 4:33 p.m.
- On Tuesdays only, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., westbound trains from Jamaica to Brooklyn will depart 15 minutes later than usual to allow our crews to conduct track inspections in the tunnel between Jamaica and East New York.
Huntington/Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, and Oyster Bay Branches
Midday, overnight, and weekend schedules are adjusted to allow the progression of the LIRR Expansion Project, which will add a new third track between Floral Park and Hicksville. Some trains will depart up to 20 minutes earlier or later than in the previous schedule.
Long Beach Branch
- The 2:11 p.m. weekday train from Penn Station to Long Beach has been restored in response to customer requests. This train makes stops at Woodside, Jamaica, and Valley Stream, followed by all local stops to Long Beach.
- South Fork Commuter Connection service between Speonk and Montauk has been restored.
- The connecting train for the 4:49 p.m. train from Jamaica to Montauk will depart Penn Station 5 minutes earlier, at 4:19 p.m.
West Hempstead Branch
- The 2:16 p.m. weekday train from Valley Stream to West Hempstead will now depart at 2:45 p.m. Customers connecting from Penn Station should board the 2:11 p.m. Long Beach train instead of the 1:33 p.m. Huntington train.
- The 1:37 p.m. weekday train from West Hempstead to Valley Stream will now depart at 2:12 p.m.
Port Washington Branch
- The 8:18 a.m. weekday train from Port Washington to Penn Station will make an added stop at Auburndale at 8:39 a.m.
- Check revised schedules on the LIRR TrainTime app, or download/view PDF timetables. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
- Off-peak fares will remain in effect on all trains, even during traditional peak hours.
- Masks are required onboard trains and in station buildings and enclosed platform waiting rooms, regardless of your vaccination status. Masks must completely cover your nose and mouth and remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Download the free LIRR TrainTime app to plan your trip, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Sign up to receive email/text message alerts or check the MTA website. for updates.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily.
For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.