Why we're doing this
Ridership is historically lower over long weekends. By running reduced service during that time, our crews can spend less time setting up and breaking down work sites, and spend more time performing critical repairs.
Using three-day weekends also lets us finish critical work more quickly, so that other work can happen on standard weekends.
On 3 day weekends, projects can work for 79 consecutive hours instead of 55 hours (44% more time!)
What we're doing
- Replacing switches at 34 St-Penn Station and 138 St-Grand Concourse
- Track maintenance in the Montague Street Tube and along the Nostrand Avenue line
- Signal maintenance and testing between Church Av and West 8 St on the Culver Line
- CBTC signal work on the Queens Blvd line from Roosevelt Ave to 71 Ave
Service changes by borough
- A/C/E trains are not running on 8 Av between 59 St-Columbus Circle and W 4 St-Washington Sq. A/C trains run local (via the D/F line) on 6 Av instead
- E trains run on the Q line between Lexington Av/63 St and end at 34 St-Herald Sq
- E and F trains make local stops between 36 St and Forest Hills-71 Av
- E trains are not running at Court Sq or Queens Plaza
- J trains are not running between Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer and Crescent St.
- 2 and 5 trains are not running between Franklin Av-Medgar Evers College and Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College. Free shuttle buses will run instead.
- 4 trains will not run between Atlantic Av-Barclays Center and Crown Heights-Utica Av.
- F trains are not running between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av. Take a B35 or B68 bus instead.
- Northbound R trains run on the Q line over the bridge from DeKalb Av to Canal St.
- 5 trains are not running between 149 St-Grand Concourse and E 180 St. Transfer between 2 and 5 trains at 149 St-Grand Concourse.
- Northbound 4 and 5 trains skip 138 St-Grand Concourse.
We always recommend checking our real-time information before you leave on a trip. Use the MYmta smartphone app, or check our homepage.
You can also contact us in real time for help planning your trip. We’re reachable via phone, on Twitter and WhatsApp, through our TrainTime apps, and more.