On Monday, November 15, 2021, new timetables will take effect on all Long Island Rail Road branches. Highlights of this schedule change include the restoration of two rush-hour Port Washington Branch trains, and adjustments to several morning Ronkonkoma Branch trains to improve service reliability during the fall/winter seasons when slippery rail and/or icy conditions can affect train operations. All riders should check the LIRR TrainTime app or view the latest PDF timetables for their branch. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
We anticipate that these schedules will be in effect through March 20, 2022. However, as we continually monitor changing ridership, adjustments may be made sooner. Please check the TrainTime app or sign up for e-mail alerts to stay up to date on any schedule changes.
Key adjustments are listed below:
Port Washington Branch
- The 7:50 a.m. from Port Washington to Penn Station will depart all stations 4 minutes earlier.
- The 7:55 a.m. from Little Neck to Penn Station will originate in Great Neck at 7:50 a.m.
- The 8:08 a.m. from Port Washington to Penn Station has been restored. This train makes stops at Plandome, Manhasset, Great Neck, and Mets-Willets Point.
- The 4:22 p.m. from Penn Station to Port Washington will no longer stop at Bayside.
- The 4:24 p.m. from Penn Station to Great Neck, making all stops, has been restored.
- The 5:25 a.m. from Greenport to Ronkonkoma will depart stations Greenport through Yaphank up to 3 minutes earlier.
- The 7:32 a.m. from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will depart stations Ronkonkoma through Farmingdale up to 3 minutes earlier.
- The 7:51 a.m. from Farmingdale to Penn Station will depart Farmingdale 3 minutes earlier and Bethpage 1 minute earlier. This train will now originate at Ronkonkoma at 7:23 a.m., with no stops between there and Farmingdale.
Port Jefferson Branch
- The 5:46 a.m. from Huntington to Penn Station will depart stations Huntington through Syosset up to 2 minutes earlier and add a stop at Hicksville at 6:02 a.m.
Far Rockaway Branch
- The 3:13 p.m. Friday-only train from Jamaica to Far Rockaway has been restored for the fall/winter season. For service from Penn Station, connect with this train by taking the 2:51 p.m. Huntington train.
- Weekend customers on the Babylon, Huntington, Port Washington, and Ronkonkoma branches should check for minor adjustments to departure times.
- Customers at Woodside, Forest Hills, and Kew Gardens should carefully review new schedules as stopping patterns have changed to improve connection options.