New Year's Eve Service
The LIRR will operate a weekday schedule on Thursday and Friday, December 30-31, with additional afternoon trains departing Penn Station as follows:
- 12:43 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then all stops to Ronkonkoma.
- 1:49 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then all stops to Ronkonkoma.
- 1:28 p.m. train, first stop Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 1:56 p.m. train, stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 2:22 p.m. train, first stop Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 2:32 p.m. train, first stop Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:00 p.m. train, stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 p.m. train, first stop Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Huntington/Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:26 p.m. train to Hicksville will be extended to Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor & Huntington.
- 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury, and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck
- 3:40 p.m. train making all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 p.m. first stop Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
In the interest of safety, alcohol will not be allowed on LIRR trains, stations or platforms system-wide from 12:00 p.m. Friday, December 31 through 12:00 p.m. Saturday, January 1. MTA Police will enforce the restriction.
On Friday evening, December 31, the LIRR will operate 11 extra westbound trains to Penn Station for those heading to New York City for New Year’s Eve festivities.
The extra trains will depart between 4:55 p.m. and 8:42 p.m. from Babylon, Hempstead, Huntington, Long Beach, Port Washington, and Ronkonkoma.
After the ball falls, we’ll get you home with 6 extra eastbound trains departing Penn Station between midnight and 2:30 a.m.
Please use the TrainTime app to plan your trip. LIRR wishes you a Happy New Year!
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.