On Monday, May 23, 2022, new timetables will take effect on all Long Island Rail Road branches. Riders should check the LIRR TrainTime app or view the latest PDF timetables for their branch for possible adjustments to their trip.
Summer-only trains on the Long Beach, Montauk, and Ronkonkoma Branches will return starting Memorial Day weekend.
Key adjustments are listed below:
Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, and Oyster Bay Branches
- There are significant schedule adjustments on weekday middays, evenings, and weekends to allow for the completion of the LIRR Expansion Project. Some trains will depart up to 30 minutes earlier.
- On the weekend, Port Jefferson Branch service is reduced to one train per hour as far as Huntington and one train every two hours east of Huntington.
- The 7:12 a.m. weekday train from Huntington to Penn Station will add a stop at Hicksville at 7:29 a.m.
- The 8:06 a.m. weekday train from Jamaica to Oyster Bay will now depart at 7:53 a.m.
- The 6:21 p.m. weekday train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will now depart at 6:16 p.m.
- The 6:07 p.m. from Atlantic Terminal to Babylon has been restored.
- The 6:09 p.m. from Penn Station will now stop at Rockville Centre, Baldwin, and Freeport only.
- The 8:56 p.m. from Penn Station to Babylon will depart 17 minutes earlier.
- A new weekday train departs Jamaica at 7:37 a.m., stopping at Atlantic Terminal only.
- A new weekday train departs Atlantic Terminal at 8:22 a.m. and makes all stops to Jamaica.
Far Rockaway Branch
- Westbound midday trains leave 8 minutes earlier than they do today.