On Monday, March 21, 2022, new weekday timetables will take effect on all Long Island Rail Road branches. Riders should check the LIRR TrainTime app or view the latest PDF timetables for their branch for possible adjustments to their trip.
Key adjustments are listed below:
Penn Station riders
- Some evening peak trains will leave Penn Station up to three minutes earlier than usual to support the construction of a new underpass east of the East River Tunnels, which will improve Amtrak and LIRR operations.
- Some trains will leave from different tracks than usual. Please do not go to the platform level until your train has been posted and announced.
Atlantic Terminal riders
- Midday service will now run on the same schedule Monday through Friday. Westbound trains will no longer wait in Jamaica for 15 minutes on Tuesdays.
- The 8:16 a.m. train from Babylon to Penn Station will add a stop at Woodside.
- Midday service levels have been restored following the completion of track work near Amityville, and schedules have been further revised to allow us to continue third rail replacement work between Wantagh and Amityville.
- Amityville, Copiague, and Lindenhurst riders will now see two trains per hour.
- Express connections are available for those traveling east of Babylon.
- The 5:26 a.m. from Penn Station to Hempstead will add a stop at Hollis.
Long Beach Branch
- The 3:58 a.m. from Long Beach to Atlantic Terminal will depart four minutes earlier and add stops at Rosedale, Laurelton, and Locust Manor.
Long Beach, Hempstead, and West Hempstead Branches
- Between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., westbound trains will leave up to five minutes earlier than they currently do.
Oyster Bay Branch
- Midday trains will run every two hours allow our crews to install new ties along the branch.