Starting Monday, May 17 through June 21, crews will perform New Haven Line track work between Larchmont and Harrison, NY to ensure the continuing safety and reliability of the line. As a result, the railroad is making slight schedule adjustments to midday and evening trains.
Among the track work tasks, crews will re-level the tracks to ensure proper height in relation to the overhead wires that power the trains using a routine, periodic process known as “undercutting” because it adjusts the level of the ballast, or loose stones, under the tracks.
To accommodate the work, three midday Grand Central-bound local trains from Stamford will operate between five to eight minutes later, and four Stamford-bound local trains evening trains will operate between two and 10 minutes later.
All adjusted departure times will be shown in the Metro-North Train Time and MYmta apps and downloadable PDF timetables showing the changes will be available at http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/schedules/schedules.htm, or visit www.mta.info/mnr to view the current schedule.
Details for the New Haven Line service schedule changes are as follows:
Inbound Stamford local trains toward New York:
- The 9:57 PM train will operate 5 minutes later departing Stamford station at 10:03 p.m. and arriving GCT at 11:19 p.m.
- The 10:57 PM train will operate 5 minutes later departing Stamford station at 11:03 p.m. and arriving GCT at 12:19 a.m.
- The 12:50 AM train will operate 8 minutes later departing Stamford station at 12:58 a.m. and arriving GCT at 2:13 a.m.
Outbound Stamford local trains from GCT towards Connecticut:
- The 9:56 PM will operate 2 minutes later departing GCT at 9:38 p.m. and arriving Stamford at 10:54 p.m.
- The 10:36 PM will operate 2 minutes later departing GCT at 10:38 p.m. and arriving Stamford at 11:54 p.m.
- The 11:36 PM will operate 2 minutes later departing GCT at 11:38 p.m. and arriving Stamford at 12:54 a.m.
- ·The 12:25 AM will operate 10 minutes later departing GCT at 12:35 a.m. and arriving Stamford at 1:52 a.m.
Outbound New Haven express trains from GCT:
- The 10:02 PM will operate 4 minutes later departing GCT at 10:06 p.m. and arriving New Haven at 12:22 a.m.
New Canaan Line inbound trains toward Stamford and GCT:
- The 11:28 PM will arrive in Stamford 2 minutes later at 11:47 p.m.