Starting August 29: Major Additions to Service on Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven Lines
The increase will bring our weekday service to 82% of the pre-pandemic schedule. It will also feature a return to full weekend service on all three lines — something to celebrate just in time for hiking, leaf-peeping, and apple-picking season.
Additionally, direct service resumes between Grand Central Terminal and Wassaic, and between Grand Central Terminal and New Canaan. Starting Monday, August 30, ferry service will resume to meet peak AM and PM trains on the Hudson line between Haverstraw and Ossining, and Newburgh and Beacon.
A total of 102 trains are being added to the schedule. Among the highlights of the increase in service are:
On the Hudson Line:
- 25 additional trains, with 142 weekday trains to/from Grand Central Terminal
On the Harlem Line:
- 37 additional trains, with 189 weekday trains to/from Grand Central Terminal
- Direct service to and from Grand Central Terminal resumes with two direct, “one-seat” rides in each direction.
On the New Haven Line
- 40 additional trains, with 246 weekday trains to/from Grand Central Terminal
New Canaan Branch
- Four morning direct service trains to GCT in the AM rush; and
- Three will return from GCT to New Canaan in the PM rush.
- With the new schedule, due to ongoing extensive renovations and upgrades in partnership with the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT), the Waterbury Branch will continue to offer substitute busing through September. Please check back for opening updates as work progresses.
The new schedule includes the Labor Day holiday train service as follows:
- On Friday, September 3, we will run our new, expanded weekday schedule with additional getaway trains.
- On Monday, September 6, we will operate our new, expanded Sunday train schedule.
Please check the MTA website for trains to and from your station, additional holiday timetables, and continue to monitor Facebook and Twitter for updates.
Off-peak fares remain in effect until further notice.
As a reminder, face masks are required on all trains, inside stations, and in Grand Central Terminal. If you don’t have a mask, ask a Station Ambassador, Ticket Agent or Conductor for one.
Questions? You can contact us through social media, WhatsApp, our automated phone system at 511 (in Connecticut call 877-690-5114), or speak to a representative by calling 646-252-1701.