Station Reconstruction Update
The reconstruction of Mineola Station, which began in Spring 2020, continues to advance. Effective Monday, May 24, the easternmost portion of the westbound platform will close, as will the station ticket office. Please see below for how this new phase of construction activity may affect your commute:
- The easternmost portion of the westbound/northside platform will close.
- Customers will enter and exit trains from the first 10 cars on the westbound platform.
- The Ticket Office will close and be replaced with a temporary ticket office.
- Some platform entry/exit points will change; accessibility will be maintained for both platforms. Please allow extra time to reach the station platform.
- Sections of the station plaza will remain zoned off due to construction activity.
- Parking will remain reduced in the surface lots on the north and south sides of the station.
- The east end pedestrian overpass, located near the station building, remains closed. The west end pedestrian overpass, located near the parking garage, remains open.
See the map below for details.
About the LIRR Expansion Project
The LIRR Expansion Project will add a third track along nearly 10 miles of right-of-way between Floral Park and Hicksville, increasing capacity, improving reliability and creating new service opportunities. This service change is expected to continue through the second quarter of 2021. Visit amodernli.com to learn more. Thank you for your patience while work is underway.
For More Information: Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 AM and 10 PM, daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.