Effective Monday, April 12, 2021, Metro-North will restore weekend/holiday service to Wassaic, and to Manitou and Appalachian Trail, and will make schedule adjustments to the weekday schedules on the Harlem and New Haven Lines.
On the Harlem Line, replacement of track switches north of Hartsdale station will require a single-track operation between Scarsdale and North White Plains stations for approximately 4 months. To accommodate work, a total of five AM and PM roundtrip trains between Grand Central Terminal (GCT) and North White Plains will be truncated at Crestwood station and there will be minor schedule adjustments to 22 other trains.
On the New Haven Line, an early morning inbound train from New Haven is added, and a stop at Greenwich, CT. is added to two New Haven express trains. Additional service is added to New Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Harrison and Stamford Stations.
Please note: New York and Connecticut State laws require face masks be worn on all Metro-North trains, stations and at Grand Central Terminal, regardless of vaccination status, and regardless of social distancing.
The schedule details are as follows:
On the Hudson Line
On Saturday, April 17, we are restoring weekend/holiday service to Manitou, with six trains in each direction stopping at Manitou on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Service at the Breakneck Ridge stop remains suspended pending the completion of safety improvements.
On the Harlem Line
Due to significant track work north of Hartsdale Station, the following weekday service changes between Scarsdale and North White Plains stations include:
Weekday Morning and Afternoon Peak Service Changes
- In the AM Peak, two local round-trip trains, and in the PM peak, three local roundtrip trains between GCT and North White Plains will operate only between GCT and Crestwood.
- Six trains in the morning and 16 trains in the afternoon will operate between 10 minutes earlier and 7 minutes later.
- Stops at Crestwood, Scarsdale and Hartsdale stations will be added to the Southeast express trains adjacent to these local trains to provide service to these communities and connections to and from Upper Harlem stations.
- Weekend service and schedules between GCT and Southeast remain unchanged.
Wassaic Weekend Train Service Restored
On Saturday, April 17, we are restoring weekend/holiday service between Southeast and Wassaic stations, with nine trains operating in each direction. Customers will need to change trains at Southeast for express trains to and from GCT.
Appalachian Trail Stop, Weekend/ Holiday Service Restored
On Saturday, April 17, we are restoring weekend/holiday service to the Appalachian Trail stop with two morning northbound trains and three afternoon southbound trains.
On the New Haven Line
We are adding additional Greenwich, CT service Inbound and Outbound
- Two New Haven express trains in each direction add a stop at Greenwich, CT
- The 6:40 a.m. and 7:18 a.m. inbound departures from New Haven will stop at Greenwich at 7:59 a.m. and 8:29 a.m.
- Outbound trains will stop at Greenwich at 4:45 p.m. and 5:17 p.m., arriving at New Haven at 6:18 p.m. and 6:38 p.m.
We are adding early morning service from New Haven
- A new, earlier train from New Haven to GCT will be added departing New Haven at 4 a.m. and arriving at GCT at 6:09 a.m.
We are adding service to trains departing GCT for the PM Rush:
- New Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck and Harrison stations will have additional service from Grand Central Terminal, with trains departing at 4:54 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and stopping at those stations.
- As a result of increasing peak ridership, a new train will operate from GCT to Stamford, departing at 5:55 p.m. and Harlem-125th Street at 6:05 p.m., express to New Rochelle and then making all stops to Stamford.
- The 4:59 p.m. express train from GCT to New Haven adds a stop at Stamford at 5:48 p.m.
- To accommodate these changes, the 4:54 pm Stamford local train and the 5:01 p.m. Greenwich local train are combined to depart GCT at 4:54 p.m. making all stops and connecting with the New Canaan Branch train at Stamford.
To see your your train schedule, please check https://new.mta.info/ or download Metro-North TrainTime. Questions? Message us on Facebook, Twitter @MetroNorth or via Whatsapp, or call 511 to use the interactive system; or to speak with a Customer Service Specialist, dial 646-252-1701.