Added Service for Belmont Stakes
On Saturday, June 5, the LIRR will provide extra trains to/from Belmont Park for the 153rd running of the Belmont Stakes. Eleven eastbound trains will be provided between 9:37 AM and 4:26 PM; trains will depart from Penn Station, stop at Jamaica for customers traveling from Brooklyn, Woodside and stations on Long Island to connect, and then operate direct to Belmont. Immediately following the race and continuing until Belmont Park closes, return trains will depart approximately every 15 minutes to Jamaica, Brooklyn and Penn Station. Visit here to view schedules and learn more.
Belmont Stakes Day Admission
Unlike in past years, admission to Belmont Park will be limited to those with pre-purchased Belmont Stakes admission passes. There will be no walk-up admission ticket sales for the event. Do not travel to Belmont unless you have already purchased your ticket for entry to the Park. To purchase admission to the Belmont Stakes, visit BelmontStakes.com. (Please note: the $1 off admission will not apply.)
Already have your Belmont Stakes admission pass and plan to take the train? Buy Round-Trip LIRR tickets before boarding at staffed ticket windows, ticket machines or via the MTA eTix app.
- The MTA Police will be enforcing a no-alcohol policy on trains to/from Belmont Park
- Bags are subject to search prior to boarding Belmont Park trains at Penn Station and at Jamaica Station
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the Belmont Park facility
The restriction regarding alcohol has been enacted in the interest of patron safety and in an attempt to make sure that people drink responsibly.
LIRR Fares to/from Belmont
- From New York, Brooklyn and Woodside: One-Way $9.00; Round-Trip $16.00
- From Jamaica: One-Way $8.00; Round-Trip $13.00
Round-Trip fares from Long Island with transfer at Jamaica:
- Zone 3 (Rosedale, St. Albans, Queens Village, Hollis) -- $13.00
- Zone 4 (Far Rockaway, Lynbrook, Hempstead, Mineola) -- $15.00
- Zone 7 (Long Beach, Massapequa, Hicksville, Oyster Bay) -- $17.00
- Zone 9 (Babylon, Deer Park, Huntington, Northport) -- $21.00
- Zone 10 (Bay Shore, Sayville, Ronkonkoma, Patchogue, Port Jefferson) -- $27.00
- Buy Round-Trip tickets in advance at LIRR Ticket Offices, Full Service Ticket Machines, or through MTA eTix®. (On-board fares cost more.)
- Only Belmont Park tickets will be accepted for train service to and from Belmont Park.
- Other ticket types (CityTicket, monthly, weekly and Ten-Trip tickets) are not valid on Belmont Park trains. Note: Monthly and weekly ticket holders can use their commuter tickets for travel to and from Jamaica, but must purchase a Belmont Park ticket prior to boarding at Jamaica to cover the fare between Belmont Park and Jamaica.
LIRR Ticket Machine Instructions
Tickets are available at LIRR Full-Service Ticket Machines (gray, blue or green).
- Press the “Deals & Getaways” button on the first screen
- Select “Belmont Park”
- Payment can be made using cash, credit or debit/ATM cards (inserted and contactless) as well as mobile wallet applications.
LIRR Travel Tips
Buy Belmont Park admission tickets in advance. No walk-up admission sales this year.
Buy Round-Trip LIRR Belmont Park tickets before boarding the train
Listen for announcements to board trains to and from Belmont Park
Look for LIRR personnel who will be assigned to assist you
Masks must be worn on LIRR property, including at stations and on trains
No alcohol allowed on LIRR trains to/from Belmont Park
No alcohol allowed into Belmont Park
No coolers, backpacks or luggage
No purses larger than 12” in diameter
This schedule/plan is subject to change
After the Stakes, wait times can range from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on attendance level
NYRA Security Policies
The New York Racing Association has enhanced security protocols for fans attending the 2021 Belmont Stakes on Saturday, June 5. For a complete listing of prohibited items, please visit BelmontStakes.com.
Belmont Stakes Information
Visit BelmontStakes.com for more information on:
- Admission and tickets
- Race times
- Prohibited Items
- All other event details.
For More Information: Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 AM and 10 PM, daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.