Starting on Monday, June 14, and continuing through Monday, September 6, (Labor Day), new LIRR timetables will be in effect on all branches. Please check the timetable for your branch to learn how the new schedules, which contain revised departure times for some trains, may affect your commute. Key changes appear below:
All Branches: Weekend service levels have been restored system-wide: this means half-hourly service on the Babylon, Huntington, and Port Washington branches; service every 90 minutes to Port Jefferson; and hourly service to Patchogue.
Babylon Branch: Due to trackwork, there will be no express train service during the midday period, and midday service at Amityville, Copiague and Lindenhurst will be reduced to hourly.
Long Beach Branch: Westbound midday trains will depart up to 11 minutes later than in the previous timetable. Eastbound midday trains will depart up to 12 minutes later.
Montauk Branch: In response to customer requests, the 1:00 AM train from Montauk to Babylon will have an added stop at Bellport at 2:40 AM.
Port Washington Branch: Midday and weekend service will be restored to half-hourly for a three-week period during a hiatus in the concrete tie replacement program underway on the branch. This work will resume further east, between Bayside and Great Neck, on Tuesday, July 6, at which point service reductions will return. It is our goal to complete this project by August 29, prior to the start of the US Open and Labor Day, when we anticipate additional riders will return to our system.
Ronkonkoma Branch: An additional mid-evening westbound train has been added to the schedule. This train will depart Ronkonkoma at 9:08 PM, make local stops through Jamaica, then run express to Penn Station (arriving at 10:38 PM).
West Hempstead Branch: The 1:59 PM westbound train from West Hempstead to Valley Stream will depart 22 minutes earlier, at 1:37 PM. The 2:24 PM eastbound train from Valley Stream to West Hempstead will depart 8 minutes earlier, at 2:16 PM.
- Printed timetables will not be distributed. View timetables online here.
- Off-peak fares will remain in effect on all trains, even during traditional peak hours.
- Customers are required to wear masks on LIRR trains and property, regardless of vaccination status, and regardless of social distancing. While onboard, masks must remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Download the free LIRR TrainTime App to plan your trip, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Sign up to receive email/text message alerts here, or check the MTA website for updates.
For More Information: Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 AM and 10 PM, daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.