Starting Tuesday, July 6, and continuing through Sunday, August 29, new timetables will go into effect on all branches as LIRR forces resume concrete tie installation work on the Port Washington Branch. Here are some important branch-specific changes that may affect your commute:
Port Jefferson Branch:
- The 8:57 p.m. train from Huntington to Penn Station will have an added stop at Carle Place Station (9:22 p.m.).
Port Washington Branch:
With one track out of service between Bayside and Great Neck on a 24/7 basis for concrete tie installation, the following changes will be in effect:
- Some morning and evening rush-hour trains will depart earlier, and stopping patterns and times of rush-hour service will be adjusted.
- Midday, evening, and weekend service will be reduced from half-hourly to hourly.
- All customers at Douglaston, Little Neck, and Great Neck will board and exit all trains from Platform B (eastbound platform/south side) until early- to mid-August.
- Some overnight and midday eastbound trains will depart Penn Station up to 3 minutes earlier than usual.
West Hempstead Branch:
- The 7:36 a.m. train from West Hempstead to Penn Station will depart 3 minutes earlier, at 7:33 a.m.
- Check revised schedules on the LIRR TrainTime app, or download/view the PDF timetable. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
- Off-peak fares will remain in effect on all trains, even during traditional peak hours.
Masks are required onboard trains and in station buildings and enclosed platform waiting rooms, regardless of your vaccination status. Masks must completely cover your nose and mouth and remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Download the free LIRR TrainTime App to plan your trip, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Sign up to receive email/text message alerts, or check the MTA website for updates.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily.
For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.