Hempstead Branch Service Change
There will be no Hempstead Branch service east of Floral Park for four weekends this summer — July 24-25, July 31-August 1, August 7-8, and August 14-15 — as LIRR forces install a new interlocking east of Floral Park Station as part of the LIRR Expansion Project. All trains will bypass Bellerose.
Service Change Overview
- Trains will operate between Atlantic Terminal and Mineola, making stops at Atlantic Terminal, Nostrand Avenue, East New York, Jamaica, Hollis, Queens Village, Floral Park, and Mineola.
- At Bellerose Station, westbound customers will board shuttle buses departing up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times to Queens Village, and connect with train service to points west. Eastbound customers will exit at Queens Village and transfer to shuttle bus service to Bellerose.
- At Stewart Manor, Nassau Boulevard, Garden City, Country Life Press, and Hempstead, westbound customers will board shuttle buses departing up to 40 minutes earlier than usual train times to Mineola, and connect with train service to points west. Eastbound customers will exit at Mineola and transfer to shuttle buses to their station. Country Life Press customers will be accommodated by van.
- At Floral Park, all westbound trains will depart from Track M3.
- The following Friday night westbound trains will operate on revised schedules:
- The 10:16 p.m. train from Hempstead to Atlantic Terminal will depart 25 minutes later than usual, at 10:41 p.m.
- The 11:19 p.m. train from Hempstead to Atlantic Terminal will depart 20 minutes later than usual, at 11:39 p.m.
- View bus times on the special weekend PDF timetable. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
- To avoid busing, customers may wish to use Mineola, Merillon Avenue, New Hyde Park, or Floral Park stations on these weekends.
- Masks are required onboard trains and in station buildings and enclosed platform waiting rooms, regardless of your vaccination status. Masks must completely cover your nose and mouth and remain on for the duration of your travel, including on shuttle buses.
- Download the free LIRR TrainTime app to plan your trip, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Sign up to receive email/text message alerts (mymtaalerts.com) or check the MTA website for updates.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily.
For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.