Babylon/Montauk Branch Service Change
On Saturday and Sunday, July 17-18, special timetables will be in effect on all branches (except the Port Washington Branch) as LIRR forces perform track work between Merrick and Bellmore on the Babylon Branch.
Service Impacts - Babylon and Montauk Branches
- The 4:54 a.m. train from Penn Station to Babylon will depart 10 minutes earlier, at 4:44 a.m.
- Between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Babylon Branch service will be reduced to hourly at times.
- The 7:10 a.m. train from Jamaica to Montauk will depart 10 minutes earlier, at 7 a.m. Connecting trains will also depart earlier, leaving Penn Station at 6:34 a.m. and Atlantic Terminal at 6:23 a.m.
- The 7:21 a.m. train from Penn Station to Babylon will depart 6 minutes earlier, at 7:15 a.m.
- Customers on the 9:55 a.m. train from Penn Station looking to travel east of Babylon will transfer to buses at Babylon. To avoid busing, take the 9:34 a.m. train from Penn Station and change at Jamaica for the 10 a.m. train to Montauk, which will make local stops from Bay Shore through Patchogue.
- The 10:10 a.m. train from Jamaica to Montauk will depart 10 minutes earlier, at 10 a.m. Connecting trains will also depart earlier, leaving Penn Station at 9:34 a.m. and Atlantic Terminal at 9:23 a.m.
- The 3:21 p,m. train from Penn Station to Babylon will depart 6 minutes earlier, at 3:15 p.m.
Service Impacts - All Other Branches
• Some eastbound trains will depart Penn Station up to 3 minutes earlier than usual.
• Some westbound trains will have changes to connecting service west of Jamaica.
Check revised schedules on the LIRR TrainTime app, or download/view the PDF timetables. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily.
For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.