Starting Monday, August 30, and continuing through Monday, September 6, new timetables will be in effect on all LIRR branches following the completion of this summer’s installation of new, longer-lasting concrete ties on the Port Washington Branch. All customers should check revised schedules for new departure and connection times.
Please see below for significant branch-specific changes:
Long Beach Branch
- The 5:23 p.m. train from Penn Station to Long Beach will depart three minutes earlier, at 5:20 p.m.
Port Washington Branch
- The schedules that were running in mid-June will be restored. This means that rush-hour train times will be adjusted, and midday, evening, and weekend service will return to half-hourly.
- The 7:09 a.m. train from Great Neck to Penn Station will depart three minutes earlier at 7:06 a.m.
- The 7:39 a.m. train from Port Washington to Penn Station will depart three minutes earlier at 7:36 a.m.
- The 8:00 a.m. train from Little Neck will depart five minutes earlier at 7:55 a.m.
- The 8:48 a.m. train from Port Washington will depart three minutes earlier at 8:45 a.m.
- Both platforms will be available for boarding/exiting at Douglaston, Little Neck, and Great Neck.
- Check revised schedules on the LIRR TrainTime app, or download/view PDF timetables. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
- Off-peak fares will remain in effect on all trains, even during traditional peak hours.
- Masks are required onboard trains and in station buildings and enclosed platform waiting rooms, regardless of your vaccination status. Masks must completely cover your nose and mouth and remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Download the free LIRR TrainTime app to plan your trip, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Sign up to receive email/text message alerts or check the MTA website. for updates.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily.
For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.