Renewing 9 stations on the Sea Beach N line
Coney Island-bound service is restored at Kings Hwy, Avenue U, and 86 St.
Coney Island-bound N trains continue to skip Fort Hamilton Pkwy, New Utrecht Av, 18 Av, and 20 Av until Summer 2019 due to ongoing station rehabilitation.
- Manhattan-bound N makes all stops to 36 St.
- For service to Coney Island, take a Manhattan-bound N to 8 Av, and transfer to a Coney Island-bound N.
- For service to skipped stations, take a Coney Island-bound N to Bay Pkwy and transfer to a Manhattan-bound N.
- D service to Stillwell Av is available to New Utrecht Av-62 St.
- N customers may also consider alternative service and stations on the F line for service to Coney Island.
Visit new.mta.info for planned service change information and plan your trip. You can also sign up for free email or text alerts, and always keep a look out for posters and brochures in station. You can always call 511 for information as well.
What we're doing on the Sea Beach N Line
Originally opened in the 1910s, these stations will receive the following improvements:
- Reconstructed platforms and overpasses
- Installation of elevators at 8 Av and New Utrecht Av stations, providing better accessibility
- New stairways, handrails, and lighting
- Repairs to canopies and columns
- New technological features including upgraded communications systems, Countdown Clocks, Help Point intercoms, and security cameras
- Installation of artwork
As we continue to make progress with the installation of elevators at New Utrecht Av-62 St, the following changes to access are in effect:
- The transfer passageway between the upper level D platforms and the lower level Manhattan-bound N platform is temporarily closed.
- For free out-of-system transfer with MetroCard, exit to street and use entrances at 60 St/14 Av for the D or 15 Av/63 St for the N.