As part of our continuing work on the Culver Line Signal Modernization Project, there will be multiple service changes in effect on the and lines in Brooklyn from mid-August through early October. We are also maximizing this time to make critical track repairs, track and switch replacements. Additional work for this project will be scheduled in December 2021.
What we're doing:
- Upgrading signaling and interlocking systems
- Replacing the switch that connects two local tracks south of the Bergen St station
- Structural work for the installation of a new track crossover at the Church Av station. This switch will give us the ability to reroute service when there are unplanned disruptions or planned service changes for construction/maintenance
- Fastrack maintenance, cleaning, repair, and replacement work: removing debris from tracks and around the third rail, clearing drains, repairing leaks, electronic maintenance of cameras, and high-intensity station cleaning
Weekday and weeknight service changes:
Weekdays, August 30 to September 24, Monday to Friday (except Labor Day, September 6)
There will be no express service in Brooklyn during this time.
trains will be extended to 18 Av on the .
During the morning rush hour 18 Av-bound trains will skip 4 Av-9 St, 15 St-Prospect Park, Fort Hamilton Pkwy, and Ditmas Av. trains will make these stops.
Weeknights, September 27 to October 8, Monday to Friday
There will be no trains between Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts and Church Av.
trains will operate in two sections:
1. Between Court Sq and Bedford-Nostrand Avs
2. Between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.
trains will provide service between Bergen St and Church Av.
Connect with the at Jay St-MetroTech via transfer between the and at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.
Weekend service changes:
Weekends, August 27 to September 27, from 9:30 p.m. Friday to 4:30 a.m. Monday (and Labor Day, September 6)
trains will run between Court Sq and Smith-9 Sts, the last stop. To continue your trip, transfer at Smith-9 Sts for the .
Weekends, September 17-20 and 24-27, from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday
Manhattan-bound wi trains will skip Avenue U. Take a Coney Island-bound instead and transfer for Manhattan-bound trains at Avenue X or Kings Hwy.