Subways and SIR
Saturday timetables are in effect, and there are planned service changes you should be aware of. Staten Island Railway is on a Sunday schedule.
Most buses are on a Saturday schedule. Staten Island buses will run on a modified weekday schedule. More details on that below.
Metro-North and LIRR trains are on a weekend schedule,. Some Metro-North ferries are not running and there are there are four extra LIRR Ronkonkoma Branch trains.
Subway service details
Major service changes due to planned work on the 1, 4, 7, E, and L are scheduled through Monday, February 17, and may affect your trip.
Saturday Schedule Reminders for Subways
- 5 service will run between Bowling Green, Manhattan and Dyre Av, the Bronx, day/evening.
- 5 and D trains will run local in the Bronx.
- Use local 6 and 7 service instead of 6 and 7 express service.
- Use A, C, D, or Q trains instead of B trains.
- Use J local service instead of J/Z skip-stop service.
- M trains will run between Metropolitan Av, Queens and 96 St, Manhattan, day/evening.
- Use N, Q, or R service instead of W trains.
Metro-North Railroad service details
Metro-North Railroad Hudson, Harlem and New Haven Lines will operate on a Saturday schedule.
West of Hudson
West of Hudson Pascack Valley and Port Jervis Lines will operate on a weekend schedule.
The Hudson Rail Link, Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate. The north end exits at Grand Central to 46th, 47th, and 48th Streets will be closed. Off-peak fares are in effect all day.
Long Island Rail Road service details
The LIRR will operate on a weekend/holiday schedule. Off-Peak fares will be in effect all day. We are running four extra Ronkonkoma Branch trains (two westbound, two eastbound):
- 7:10 AM train from Ronkonkoma, making all stops to Hicksville (except Pinelawn), then Jamaica, Woodside and Penn Station.
- 8:10 AM train from Ronkonkoma, making all stops to Hicksville (except Pinelawn), then Jamaica, Woodside and Penn Station.
- 5:39 PM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Hicksville, then all local stops to Ronkonkoma (except Pinelawn).
- 6:39 PM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Hicksville, then all local stops to Ronkonkoma (except Pinelawn).
Local and express buses service details
Buses in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens will run on a Saturday schedule. That means generally reduced service, as well as some lines running which don't run on weekdays. Each regular bus schedule includes information about Saturday service. A special QM20 service will run between Queens and Manhattan.
Staten Island buses will run on a modified weekday schedule. We've created special Staten Island schedules to help you understand service, which you can download below. The best way to understand service is to use our trip planner.
We always recommend checking our real time information before you leave on a trip.
You can use the MYmta app for the latest on service status.
For real-time bus and subway service information on Presidents' Day, follow @nyctbus and @nyctsubway on Twitter. Customer service agents will be able to provide accurate guidance on how to get around.
Our Plan a Trip tool accounts for all schedule changes. Need help? Call 511. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 service relay to reach 511.