- The reservation office opens Wednesday, May 1, for seasonal reservations. Seasonal reservations require purchasing seats for eight or more travel dates in either direction (eastbound or westbound).
- We do not make reservations by phone. All reservations are completed online only. Fill out and submit this form.
- Waiting list: All customers unable to get a reservation due to the date(s) being sold out will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which their request was received. Requests will be filled from the waiting list starting at noon on Thursday of the week traveling from the cancellations received for that week.
- Customers who canceled 50% or more of their seasonal reservation trips in the prior year will not be permitted to make seasonal reservations for the current year. Weekly reservations will still be available.
- We are not responsible for forgotten or lost tickets. If you forget your ticket or lose your ticket, you will need to purchase another ticket. Fares paid in lieu of forgotten or lost tickets are not refundable.
Eastbound service: $53.50 in advance
Departs Fridays at 4:06 p.m. from Penn Station, May 24 through August 30
Goes nonstop to Westhampton in 95 minutes
Westbound service: $45.25 in advance
Departs Sundays at 6:37 p.m. from Montauk, stopping at the following stations:
- East Hampton at 7:01 p.m.
- Bridgehampton at 7:10 p.m.
- Southampton at 7:20 p.m.
- Hampton Bays at 7:31 p.m.
- Westhampton at 7:39 p.m.
Service then runs express to Jamaica, arriving at 9:09 p.m., and then on to Penn Station for a 9:31 p.m. arrival.
Make a reservation
Seasonal reservations, beginning May 1 at midnight
- You must purchase seats for eight or more travel dates in either direction, eastbound or westbound.
- All tickets must be paid for at time of reservation. Your credit card will only be charged once the reservation has been booked.
- You must pick up your tickets from either the Hamptons Reserve table or Customer Service Office in Penn Station. No tickets will be given out on the train. See your confirmation email for details.
- A cancellation rate of 50% or greater from the prior year will preclude your request for current year seasonal reservations.
- Ticket is valid for travel only on date and time printed on ticket.
Weekly reservations, beginning May 20 at midnight
- You can only make your reservations one week at a time, beginning the Monday of the week you are traveling, via the website starting at midnight. Absolutely no advance orders will be taken.
- Your credit card will only be charged once the reservation has been booked.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your reservation has been processed.
- You must pick up your tickets from the Hamptons Reserve table in Penn Station. No tickets will be given out on the train.
- Your ticket is valid for travel only on date and time printed on ticket.
Cancellations and refunds
Cancellations must be made in advance, by noon on the Thursday prior to your departure date. If cancellation is not made in advance, no refund will be given.
Cancellations can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tickets must be sent back within 60 days from the date of sale on the tickets to receive a refund.
Once you cancel, mail in your tickets to:
146-01 Archer Ave.
Hamptons Reserve Office, Mail code #1437
Jamaica, NY 11435
Include your name and address and all tickets being returned. Tickets must be returned within 60 days of the date of sale on the ticket.
Hamptons Reserve tickets are subject to a $10 refund processing fee.
Boarding and riding Hamptons Reserve service
- Hamptons Reserve service cars will always be the first three cars for Cannonball East and the rear first car for Cannonball West.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to allow enough time for boarding.
- At Penn Station, please enter station by 34th Street Corridor and board Hamptons Reserve in the first three cars. Easy access is available by boarding via Track 19 entrance to the left of Penn Station Ticket Windows, next to McDonalds (see Hamptons Reserve access map here).
- For return on Cannonball West, always board the last car from East End stations.
- Car and seat numbers are given when your reservation is filled.
- Please properly store your luggage under your seat or in overhead racks and away from the aisles, stairs, and vestibule areas.
- Extra luggage space is available near the vestibule and on the lower level of the car.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the Cannonball train.
If you have any questions, please contact our Hamptons Reserve service representatives by calling 511. Say “LIRR,” then say “more options” at the LIRR opening greeting. Then say “Hamptons Reserve.”
Every year a pre-season letter and summer schedule is sent to our mailing list customers.