Standard MetroCard® Fares
- Base Pay-Per-Ride fare: $2.75
- Single ride fare: 3.00*
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride: 127.00
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride: 33.00
- Express Bus: 6.75
- Express Bus Plus 7-Day: 62.00
*Available at vending machines only.
- Subway, Local Bus, Select Bus: $1.35
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride: 63.50
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride: 16.50
- Express Bus (off-peak only): 3.35
Reduced fares apply to seniors 65 or older and customers with disabilities.
Any Transportation: $2.75
Other Ways to Save on Fares
- Use your free transfers. Rides include a free transfer between subway and local bus and between local buses.
- Frequent rider? Consider buying an Unlimited Ride MetroCard.
- Refill the card you have. There is a $1 fee for each new MetroCard, so you save money and reduce waste by refilling cards. Or try the EasyPay option for automatic refills.
- Buy a single ride MetroCard for $3.00 (at vending machines only).
- To find your best fare options, use our MetroCard Fare Calculator.
A New Way to Pay
The pilot of our new fare payment system, OMNY, begins soon. OMNY uses contactless technology to make it easier to pay your fare using your contactless credit or debit card, digital wallet, or reloadable prepaid card. To learn more about OMNY, where it's available now, and how you can register, visit OMNY.info.