Standard MetroCard® Fares
- Base Pay-Per-Ride fare: $2.75
- Single ride fare: 3.00*
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride: 127.00
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride: 33.00
- Express Bus: 6.75
- Express Bus Plus 7-Day: 62.00
*Available at vending machines only.
- Subway, Local Bus, Select Bus: $1.35
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride: 63.50
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride: 16.50
- Express Bus (off-peak only): 3.35
Reduced fares apply to seniors 65 or older and customers with disabilities.
Any Transportation: $2.75
Other Ways to Save on Fares
- Use your free transfers. Rides include a free transfer between subway and local bus and between local buses.
- Frequent rider? Consider buying an Unlimited Ride MetroCard.
- Refill the card you have. There is a $1 fee for each new MetroCard, so you save money and reduce waste by refilling cards. Or try the EasyPay option for automatic refills.
- Buy a single ride MetroCard for $3.00 (at vending machines only).
- To find your best fare options, use our MetroCard Fare Calculator.
A New Way to Pay
OMNY is the MTA’s new fare payment system. With OMNY, you can use your own contactless card or smart device to make fare payments and enter the system. OMNY will combine fare payments and mobile ticketing across subways, buses, and commuter rail.
Registering for an OMNY account gives you access to a secure, personalized dashboard. Using the account dashboard, you can:
- view your trips and charges,
- manage your payment methods,
- ask questions to OMNY customer service representatives,
- and more.
As the MTA rolls out OMNY between 2019 and 2023, you can still use MetroCard and eTix. You can choose when OMNY is right for you.