Updated November 18, 2021
We’ve partnered with the New York State Department of Health and SOMOS, Northwell Health, and Westchester Medical Center to launch vaccination pop-up stops inside key subway and train hubs. Our partners will be giving out the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, to those 18 years and older.
We’ll be giving out free rides.
You don’t need an appointment, and it’s quick to get your shot and be on your way.
Where we'll be
Here’s the full schedule of where we’ll be and when. Once you’re at the station follow the signs directing you to the pop-up spot.
Times Sq-42 St (7th Avenue)
When: Monday-Sunday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
When: Monday-Friday 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
November 25, Thanksgiving: CLOSED
December 24, Christmas Eve: TIMES SQUARE ONLY
December 25, Christmas: CLOSED
December 31, New Year's Eve: TIMES SQUARE ONLY
January 1, New Year's Day: CLOSED
Free rides with your vaccine
Get a free 7-day Unlimited MetroCard when you receive your vaccine at an MTA New York City Transit station.
This MetroCard doesn't activate until you swipe the first time, so you can save it and use it later if you'd like. Learn more here.
What to expect
1. Stop by the station You don’t need to make an appointment. Visit any of our pop-up sites at the times and locations listed above.
2. Check in You’ll check in with the team on site and show your ID (this may include a government-issued ID, like an IDNYC, driver's license, passport, Permanent resident card, Certificate of Naturalization). If you have any questions or concerns, our partners will be there to help answer them. You can read more about the vaccine here. Team members will be there to help translate or connect you with translation services.
3. Get your vaccine You’ll meet with the nurse or doctor who can answer any other questions you have. Then, they’ll give you your shot.
4. Wait 15 minutes To make sure you’re ok, you’ll be asked by the medical team to wait 15 minutes.
5. Pick up your CDC vaccination card, free MetroCard or train ticket and Go. No second dose needed!