Updated May 28, 2020
There is no subway service from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. while we clean and disinfect trains and stations. The Staten Island Railway will continue running during this time. We’ll be operating enh8nced overnight bus service while subway service is paused. Overnight local and express buses are free.
We’re still here to get essential workers where they're going, at all hours of the day and night.
Last scheduled departures for subways
You may still see trains running between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. Those trains will be moving essential crews to where they need to be so we can resume service promptly at 5 a.m.
Bus alternatives to subway service
Express and local buses are free of charge between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Routes with existing overnight service that serve hospitals
- Routes that serve hospitals but do not have overnight service
- Routes that parallel subways
Between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m., we expect:
- Enhanced local buses running about every 20 minutes, or better
- Enhanced express buses running about every 30 minutes, or better
Use our trip planner
Our trip planner has the most up-to-date route information about enhanced bus service.
- Set the time for your planned commute
- Under Travel Preferences, select “bus” and “express bus”
Overnight enhanced bus service maps
Overnight express bus routes
These routes will be operating about every 30 minutes or better tonight:
- BxM1: Riverdale, Bronx, and East Midtown, Manhattan
- BxM2: Riverdale, Bronx, and West Midtown, Manhattan
- BxM4: Woodlawn, Bronx, and Midtown, Manhattan
- BxM7: Co-op City, Bronx, and Midtown, Manhattan
- BxM11: Wakefield, Bronx, and Midtown, Manhattan
- BM2: Canarsie, Brooklyn, and Midtown/Downtown, Manhattan
- BM3: Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, and Midtown/Downtown, Manhattan
- QM6: Fresh Meadows, Glen Oaks, Lake Success, Queens, and Midtown, Manhattan
- QM17 Far Rockaway, Woodhaven, Queens, and Midtown, Manhattan
- X28: Sea Gate, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, and Midtown Manhattan
- X68: Floral Park, Queens, and Midtown, Manhattan
Use our trip planner or the MYmta app for the most up-to-date route information.
Essential workers are eligible for one free trip in a for-hire vehicle per night if:
- A bus trip would take more than 1 hour and 20 minutes
- A bus trip requires more than two transfers, or
- The walk to or from a bus stop is more than 1/2 mile (10 minutes)
Request a ride or pre-book a trip
Use the Essential Connector page to request a ride between 1 a.m. and 4:45 a.m., or schedule a ride in advance.
Questions? Call 718-330-1234.
About our new cleaning procedures
We’re ramping up our cleaning procedures for subway trains and stations, buses and Access-A-Ride.