Updated June 5, 2020
As New York City begins Phase 1 of reopening on Monday, June 8, we’re doing everything we can to help essential workers commute safely.
Off-peak fares remain in effect.
Remember to wear a mask or face covering. They’re required when you ride with us.
What to expect on June 8
- More trains during peak hours. We're adding trains on the Harlem, Hudson, and New Haven lines during the morning and evening rush.
- Additional service as necessary.
Service details for Saturday and Sunday, June 6 and 7
Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines
Between Southeast and Wassaic
- There is no train service on weekends.
On the Danbury Branch
- There is no train service. We’re running bus service until further notice.
On the New Canaan Branch
- Trains are operating hourly.
On the Waterbury Branch
- There is no train service. Buses will run approximately every three hours.
West of Hudson service
West of Hudson service is operating on a weekend schedule.
Changes to how you buy tickets
All Metro-North ticket counters are closed. We are also no longer taking cash onboard trains. You can still use cash at ticket vending machines. You can also use MTA eTix to buy tickets on your smartphone.