Updated July 5, 2020
Updates as NYC reopens
- Remember to wear a mask or face covering. They’re required when you ride with us.
- Off-peak fares are in effect.
- We are not taking cash onboard trains. You can still use cash at ticket vending machines, or use the MTA eTix app on your phone.
- Most ticket offices are closed. These ticket offices are open weekdays only:
- Grand Central Terminal, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- White Plains, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Stamford, 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- We’ve reopened Grand Central Terminal’s lower level, and some retailers are open for takeout and delivery.
Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines
We're increasing service on the Harlem, Hudson, and New Haven lines as ridership increases during the region’s reopening. The new schedule is a 115% increase in peak service from our May 27 schedule.
We’re also adding trains during the morning and evening rush.
West of Hudson service
West of Hudson service is operating on a weekend schedule.
Beginning Monday, July 6, the Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines are resuming regular service. Note that peak fares will be in effect during peak times.
Changes to branch service
On the Danbury Branch
- There is no train service. We’re running bus service until further notice.
On the New Canaan Branch
- Trains are operating hourly.
On the Waterbury Branch
- There is no train service. Buses will run approximately every three hours. See the bus schedule.
On the Wassaic Branch
- Weekdays: Trains will operate every two hours between Southeast and Wassaic.
- Weekends: There is no service between Southeast and Wassaic.