You can send text messages to receive Access-A-Ride trip information with our new AAR Text Messaging feature. This includes viewing a list of all your upcoming trips for the current day, the next day, and the day after, as well as the status of any trip(s) you have for the current day. You can also cancel trips up to two hours before the reservation pick-up time.
Phone number: The phone number you text for AAR information is 833-227-6928 or 833-AAR-NYCT. Remember to save the number in your phone.
To begin using interactive messaging:
- Send any text message to 833-227-6928.
- You will be prompted to reply with your AAR ID (example: 123456).
- You will be prompted to reply with your date of birth in MMDDYY format (example: 012676).
- If your credentials do not match our records, you will be prompted to enter them again.
- Once logged in, you will have the following options:
- Reply with the word "trip" to review or cancel upcoming trips for the current date and the following two days.
- Reply with the word "status" to review the status of your next trip, up to one hour past the reservation pick-up time.
- Reply with the word "logout" to sign off.
To cancel a trip:
- Reply with the word "trip" to receive your upcoming trip list.
- Each trip on the trip list is assigned a letter. Your first trip will be A, your second trip will be B, and on. Reply with the letter corresponding to the trip you would like to cancel. For example, reply with the letter "B" to cancel the second trip.
- Once prompted, reply with the word "yes" to confirm trip cancellation.
- You will receive a confirmation message letting you know your trip has been canceled.
- You must still call and speak with an agent if you want to cancel a trip less than two hours before the reservation pick-up time.
The reservation pick-up time is the time you will be picked up.
• AAR Text messaging only understands specific words and not questions, emojis (including smiley faces), or unrelated responses.
• AAR Text Messaging is not case-sensitive.